MachineWorks Ltd. is pleased to announce the availability of Polygonica 3.0 SDK for polygon mesh modelling, a substantial upgrade from previous versions.
Headline improvements in Polygonica 3.0 include:
- Surface fitting enhancements:
- Significantly improved resilience to noisy scan data.
- Automatic determination of best-fit tolerance.
- Remeshing enhancements:
- Curvature-sensitive with edge lengths defined by surface curvature.
- Zone-based with edge-lengths defined by user-specified zones.
- Shrink-wrapping enhancements:
- Error controlled refinement tunnel capping and extraction.
- Simple and reliable defaults.
- Denoising and edge enhancement for scan data.
- 3D Curve enhancements including offset curves along a surface.
- Fast clipping of 2D line segments to polygons.
- 2D medial axis computation.
- Foldover detection and removal.
- Variable surface offsetting.
- Create mesh from terrain contours.
- Reconstruct solid mesh from slices.
- Create surface mesh from curves.
- Principal axes computation.
- Curvature tensor computation.
- Surface region selection using 2D profiles.
- Mesh comparison of intersecting regions.
“MachineWorks has specialised in developing and advancing polygon mesh modelling technology since 1994,” says Dr Fenqiang Lin, one of the original core developers and now managing director at MachineWorks Ltd. “As a result of another year of hard work and innovation the Polygonica 3.0 release sets a new milestone in our mission to make Polygonica the very best polygon mesh modeller you can buy.”
For more detailed information, please refer to the blog Polygonica 3.0 New Features.
Polygonica is a component software library for working with polygon meshes that helps companies in a range of industrial markets solve complex 2D and 3D geometrical problems. The main functions of Polygonica include healing, Booleans, offsetting, mesh analysis, remeshing, simplification, data reduction, defeaturing and point-cloud manipulation and meshing.
The Polygonica engine is integrated into software products from over 40 major OEMs including ANSYS, 3D Systems, Stratasys, Renishaw, EnvisionTEC, Desktop Metal, Zortrax, Synopsys, Converge, AECOM, Assemble, Diota, Open Mind and Mecsoft, in a wide range of industries including mechanical CAD, CAE, CAM, additive manufacturing, 3D printing, dental, medical, mining and AR/VR for large capital asset industries such as BIM, offshore, plant and shipbuilding.